Conditions of use:
The London Egg Bank (we’ll refer to it as ‘LEB’) is a registered company in London based at 112 Harley Street. By reserving a donor from the LEB you, the recipient of the egg donor, confirm that you have:
- Attended The London Women’s Clinic or The Bridge Centre for a consultation and have a treatment date agreed at that clinic.
- Received verbal and written information about your treatment and had the opportunity to discuss the procedures involved in receiving eggs as part of your treatment with your treating clinic.
- Received all the relevant information pertaining to your treatment, as required by the HFEA Code of Practice, by your treating clinic.
- Been offered counselling by your treating clinic about the implications of the treatment.
Ordering and purchasing donor eggs:
- An order is considered completed when the recipient has completed and returned all required documentation, made payment and the recipient’s clinic has confirmed treatment. A completed order will be confirmed by the LEB.
- If choosing a fresh egg donor, you must be ready to start the treatment process (Synchronisation) 2 weeks from your order being confirmed.
- Frozen eggs provided by LEB must be used in treatment within 2 months of the date of dispatch from LEB. This is to ensure that your reserved pregnancy slot is not lost. If you do not proceed with treatment within 6 months for non-medical reasons, a donor egg storage fee of £500.00 will be applicable.
- LEB will confirm your order when they have received confirmation of your treatment cycle from your chosen clinic, as well as received your signed consent form and payment in full.
- Please return the donor characteristics consent form within 5 days or your order will be cancelled and a refund given. Remember to check your junk/spam mail folder. If you have any queries regarding the receipt of your confirmation email, please call 020 7 299 9546 between 0900 – 17.30hrs and a member of staff will be happy to help you.
- Donor eggs will only be reserved and dispatched after full payment. (see the Refunds and Cancellation policy for further details)
- Donor Eggs provided by LEB (‘Eggs’) may only be used for fertility treatment at The London Women’s Clinic or The Bridge Centre
- LEB provides Eggs to you for your exclusive personal use and you confirm that you will only use it as such.
- Donor Eggs provided by LEB may only be used for fertility treatments up until you reach the age of 54 years and 3 months.
- LEB Eggs provided to you may not be resold or distributed without LEB’s written permission.
- Information on donors comprises sensitive personal data for purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. LEB will only provide relevant information to you for the purpose of allowing you to select an Egg donor, without breaching the donor’s confidentiality.
- LEB’s catalogue usually has over a large selection of available donors. However, sample availability may be limited at times. LEB provides donor eggs on a first come, first served basis.
- It is important that you inform LEB of your agreed treatment date and inform them of any changes in date immediately, should it occur.
- This agreement does not override the terms of paragraph 4A of Schedule 3 to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990 (as amended) (‘HFE Act’) which states that the Egg donor may withdraw or vary her consent from the use of her eggs in treatment at any time. This includes any embryo created using her Eggs at any time until that embryo is transferred to a woman or allowed to perish.
- Please be aware that embryos created from different donors cannot be used in one treatment cycle. Therefore, if you currently have embryos in storage created from donor eggs from a previous treatment cycle, you should order the same donor again. This ensures that, should you freeze further embryos in your new cycle; any future treatment will not be compromised. If your previous donor does not appear on the catalogue please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm stock availability.
- All donors available via the LEB online catalogue have been recruited and screened in compliance with donation criteria under the European Tissues and Cells Directive (‘EUTCD’), Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) standards and professional guidance.
- All frozen donor egg samples have been procured, tested, processed, preserved and stored in compliance with EUTCD and HFEA requirements.
- LEB donor eggs meet all required quality standards. However, LEB cannot guarantee that a pregnancy will be achieved using donor eggs or that any pregnancy or offspring derived as a result of using the egg donor will be free from genetic disorders/defects or infectious diseases. In particular:
i. it is impractical to test for ALL genetic markers or infectious diseases and in some cases there are no available tests;
ii. donor testing is properly administered; however even where the results show normal, the tests have limitations and may not be entirely reliable; and
iii. LEB’s recruitment processes (including counselling) rely on the donor providing accurate and correct information about their genetic and general health history. We treat the information provided by the donor in good faith. LEB has no way of independently verifying this information. In our experience we are not aware of any inaccurate information being provided by our donors.
- Non-identifying information about each donor is displayed on the LEB online catalogue. LEB is unable to provide any further personal information on donors.
Changing your donor:
- Should you change your mind and wish to cancel your order for any reason, The London Egg Bank will offer you a full refund within 5 working days of placing an order.
Limitation of liability:
- London Egg Bank shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if London Egg Bank has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- London Egg Bank cannot guarantee that additional eggs will be available at a later date for the purposes of treatment for a sibling pregnancy.
- Donated eggs (fresh and/or frozen) are not quarantined prior to use. There is therefore a theoretical risk of transmission of infection through the transfer of embryos.