In order to use eggs from The London Egg Bank you must be having treatment with one of our fertility partners - The London Women's Clinic or the Bridge Centre. If you are not yet a patient, please contact us on 0207 299 9546 to find out more information.
The London Egg Bank understands that the egg donor search may seem like a daunting task. We are here to assist you every step of the way helping you find an egg donor that meets your unique needs and preferences.
1. Register on our website – Please complete the registeration form by clicking the registration button on the top right hand corner of the website. We will get in touch with you to find out more about you and talk you through the egg donation process.
Once you have had your consultation with a doctor at one of our partner fertility clinics, and have had all your screening tests completed, you will be ready to start searching for your ideal donor.
2. Donor Selection – Once your account has been activated, please feel free to browse our online database of donors. A member of staff is available to help you narrow your donor choice from the range of donors we have available online, should you need further assistance. We are also available to answer any questions that you may have on the egg donation process.
If after browsing our donor database you are unable to find a donor of your choice, please do not worry as we update our website every month with new donors (both fresh and frozen). Get in touch with us and we can add you onto our email alerts informing you of the day of the month new donors will be uploaded.
Finding the right egg donor is a very personal process, and we will work hard to ensure that you find the perfect match.
3. Donor Match – Once you have found the right donor for you, please add your selected donor to your cart and complete the order process online. You will be prompted to make a payment of £3450 which is the London Egg Bank fee.
4. Order Processing –Once we receive your order and payment, we will get in touch with you to confirm your order within 24 hours (on a weekday) or the next working day if on a weekend. Attached to this email will be a donor characteristics form confirming the characteristics of the donor you have chosen. In order to complete the order process you must sign and date this consent form and send it back to us within 5 working days of receiving the consent. Please return the consent form to us by email or post.
5. Dispatch– Once we have received your consent forms, your order will be processed and completed within 2-3 working days. Your clinic will also be notified.
Frozen donors- If you have selected a frozen egg donor, your frozen donor eggs will arrive at your clinic no longer than 7 working days from receiving your signed consent form and receiving payment. We will dispatch a total of 5 frozen eggs to your clinic.
Fresh donors- If you have selected a fresh donor, your chosen donor will be contacted and notified of the match. All fresh donors are on the pill and will need to be synchronized to your cycle. It is important that you do not select a fresh egg donor until you have been given the all clear by your doctor (completed bloods and investigations) and are ready for treatment.
You must be ready to start treatment within 6 weeks of completing the order process to ensure that your donor remains available for your treatment cycle.
If in the unlikely situation that your fresh donor is unavailable or has changed her mind within the allocated six week window, please do not worry as we will get in touch with you by phone and arrange for an alternative donor at no extra cost to yourself.
What happens next?
Once you have selected your donor (Fresh or frozen), made payment and sent over your signed consent form we will take care of everything else. We will liaise with your clinic (within our partner clinics), the donor (if fresh) and the embryology team (if frozen) to ensure your treatment goes ahead as smoothly as possible.
If you have any questions at all during the process, please feel free to get in touch with us on 0207 299 9546 or by email email@example.com.